14 Feb Join the 13th Isola Cinema Team!
We invite everyone who loves film and would like to undergo informal practical training in the field of organising film and cultural events to joins us and build an unforgettable film experience with us.
We offer you experience in an international environment, a possibility of completing obligatory practical training, socialising with established international filmmakers and, last but not least, new friendships. We will provide you with the knowledge and the skills that will enable you to initiate and carry out similar projects and programmes in the field of culture, education and youth work, and at the same time, we would also like to continue our cooperation in the following editions of the festival.
In its thirteen years, Isola Cinema has spontaneously developed into a space of informal practical training of young people, which is our answer to the current socio-economic situation. We devote special attention to including young people in the form of mentored practical training in the numerous areas of festival organisation and the related cultural and educational programmes of the Otok Institute. In addition to the festival, we organise film screenings and workshops for children and youngsters throughout the year, and various events commonly named “On the Island” with Slovenian and international partners. We cooperate with numerous organisations like universities, youth centres, student clubs and cultural societies. We also encourage international cooperation of peers from Slovenia and abroad. In recent years, we have hosted young people from our neighbouring countries via the European Voluntary Service (video available here).
In a pleasant work atmosphere during the festival, our mentors will assist you in numerous areas of:
- organising and producing cultural and educational programmes,
- developing promotion and public relations,
- taking care of international festival guests,
- managing festival venues and logistics,
- managing the festival camp,
- photo and video documenting of the festival
- assisting in the kitchen and many more.
A month before the festival, we will also be glad to receive your help in the following areas:
- distribution of promotion materials,
- writing short texts,
- folding and enveloping promotional materials,
- promotion of the festival.
The daily presence in Izola is necessary from May 30th until June 5th. During the festival, we offer you:
- accommodation in the festival camp,
- a festival pass affording you free entrance to all festival venues in your free time.
If you want to cooperate with us, please send your application to our volunteer coordinator Natalija Gajič, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 30th 2017. The application should also include:
- a motivational letter,
- a short CV,
- a note if you have the time and the desire to cooperate only during the festival or only in a month before the festival or both.
On your request you will be given a certificate of participation. We are looking forward to responsible candidates who will happily co-create this year’s festival and perhaps become part of our annual organisational team or future creators of new film connections.
See you at Isola Cinema!